Mosquito control and Mosquito borne diseases
Mosquitoes are a common nuisance in wetland areas of Southern Australia and we are fortunate that life threatening mosquito borne disease like malaria and Japanese encephalitis are not able to be transmitted by local species.
Diseases such as Ross River Virus can be transmitted by the local species and EHO's undertake monitoring and control measures where practical.
Other Environmental Issues
Council EHO's may be able to assist you with questions or complaints about any of the following. If not directly able to help, the officer should be able to direct you to the appropriate organisation to help you.
- Rats and rodent infestations
- Pollution complaints
- Insanitary or substandard housing
- Burning of plastics or other air pollutants
- Food poisonings
- Poor standards of animal keeping
- Any other environmental health concerns.